Block pavers that are made from concrete or clay carry a host of benefits. Here are some of them:
- Pavers in general come in a wide array of sizes, shapes, colors, and textures. The best material to use for outdoor paving will mainly depend on the existing style and design of your home. You may also experiment and customize based on your personal taste or use your imagination!
- Concrete pavers and brick pavers are inexpensive paving solutions for outdoor spaces. It will not cost you an arm and a leg to fully cover your deck with concrete or brick pavers. If you opt for basic block designs and color, you will still be able to cover the whole pool deck without spending thousands upon thousands of dollars.
- It is relatively easy to replace damaged or stained pavers. You can even do the installation of block pavers all by yourself.
- Concrete pavers and brick pavers are manufactured to look the same. This means that you can accurately measure the shape of your outdoor space that needs to be paved. You can order the right amount of blocks needed and avoid wasting money by ordering more than what you actually need.
- When installing concrete or brick paving, you don’t need specialized machinery or equipment. All that you need are basic paving materials to finish the job.
- As concrete is an inexpensive building material, they are perfect for those who have limited budgets. They are known to be cheaper than natural stone pavers.
There are also a few disadvantages attached to the installation of block pavers:
- Concrete or brick pavers that were not installed properly can sink in high-traffic areas.
- If the block pavers are not spaced tightly, weed and moss can grow in between blocks. This can be unsightly when the weeds grow long, and maintenance and upkeep will be an extra chore for homeowners.